Below is the Call for Proposals for the CWC96 conference.  I would
like for this call to circulate widely on the net; please forward it
to all the lists you know of that might be interested.  Thanks.  CH

Call for proposals

THE TWELFTH COMPUTERS AND WRITING CONFERENCE
MAY 30-JUNE 2, 1996
UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY
LOGAN, UTAH 84322-3200

The Twelfth Computers and Writing Conference: Technology & Change
 (to be held May 30- June 2, 1996, at Utah State University in Logan, Utah)
 invites proposals that pertain in some way to the uses of computers at any
 level of writing education.

Theme: Technology and Change

The rapid acceleration of change in the area of computers and writing causes
 some consternation--but also considerable exhilaration--among educators at all
 levels.  The conference will highlight our attempts to cope and to stay current
with the potential for technology in the writing field.  This unique conference
 brings together educators from all levels and types of educational institutions
 who have a common interest in the uses of computer technology for writing
 instruction.

Invitation: Send in your Proposals

We invite proposals that pertain in some way to the uses of computers at any
 level of writing education: K-12 to all types of post-secondary educational
institutions.  We especially welcome proposals for hands-on sessions,
demonstrations, or any other interactive format.  Concurrent sessions will
 accommodate individual 20-minute "talks," panels with three to four
speakers, or one-and-a-half hour interactive presentations or
demonstrations.  Ongoing "poster" sessions for demonstrations throughout
 the conference are also possible.  Furthermore, we are looking for half-day
workshop proposals, to be offered both pre- and post-conference.  Standard
networked PC and MAC equipment will be provided.

Suggested Topics: classroom uses, collaboration, distance education, networks,
hypertext & hypermedia, virtual classrooms, impacts of the internet.  Proposals
 must be postmarked or dated October 1, 1995.  Notification of acceptance will
 be by January 1, 1996.  Mail three copies of a two-page (double-spaced)
 abstract for a paper, panel, poster session, demonstration, or workshop
 (Or e-mail one copy to the address below.)  Please include the name, affiliation,
 address, e-mail, and phone number of all presenters.

Please note: abstracts become the property of CWC96 and may be
published in other venues, including a web site.

Send e-mail proposals to: [log in to unmask]
Send print proposals to: Christine Hult, CWC96 Program Chair,
Department of English, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322-3200.