> On Mon, 21 Aug 1995, Richard Rastall wrote:
>
> The recent message from SORGI raises a few questions: WHAT are they doing
> on our list? WHY are they advertising themselves (surely not allowed on
> the Net)? WHO (if anyone, which I doubt) requested information from them,
> and in what form? No doubt Amelia Carr was going to ask these (or perhaps
> other) questions, and I apologise if she did: but if so I didn't receive
> them. Perhaps SORGI can be shooed away?
Richard,
        The same 'spam' was posted on two other lists I subscribe to
(MBU-L and PURTOPOI) yesterday.  This morning it turned up on AFROAM-L and
seemed so ridiculously out of place that it was apparently ignored by
everyone.  Some type of automated machine appears to be sending this
posting to all 1500 listserves in random order.  Unless someone is doing
research on 'gaming' (probably more apropos to Restoration drama), it
might be best to let it die a natural death.
                                                        Chet Pryor
                                                    Montgomery College
                                                        (Maryland)