Hello Paula,

Age 35 and female with PD will be a problem trying to explain your symptoms
to your doctor.  You have already noticed that female problems influence
medication and symptoms.  You should get the book "Young Parkinson's
Handbook" published by APDA.  Call them at 800-223-APDA and ask for the book.

Chapter 10 "Sexuality and Gender Issues" is straight forward on both male and
female issues as the title states.  I think this chapter should be mandatory
reading by both patient and carepartner.

If you would like to discuss female issues, I would suggest you contact
Arlette Johnson, Young-Onset Info.  and Referral Center Coordinator at
800-223-YPSN.  She was the editor of the Young Parkinson's Handbook.

For those of you who do not know, Arlette Johnson, APDA Coordinator for
Young-Onset Parkinsonians has resigned the coordinator position.  It is
effective the end of August I believe.  Arlette has been instrumental in
starting the Young Parkinson's Support Network of CA and YPSN's all over the
world.  Be we young or young at heart, we will miss Arlette.  We wish her
well in any new venture and say thanks from the bottom of our heart for all
she has done for Young-Onset patients and their carepartners, families and
friends.

Regards,
Alan Bonander