 Mark Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>

Since my heart attack in  '78 I have exercised regularly to try and keep my
lipids at the best level, hoping to reduce or reverse the coronary artery
disease. Now with PD I find it even more important to continue. Otherwise my
posture gets worse and my muscle tone rapidly deteriorates.  My neurologist
had an MD friend/patient who has convinced him by example that physical
exercise helps. My ignorance of the alpha soup causes me to ask a dumb one:
what is ADL?  Exercise is not just for the PD'er to live longer, but to live
better during  the time one has. I'm glad to be one infinitesimals.

An interesting thing happened to me yesterday and today. One of my docs gave
me his regular treatment for bronchitis: Sterane 50, Triamcinolone 30, and
Ampicilin (no Epi...).  The next day when I did my exercises I had much less
difficulty, less weakness or soreness and my walking was easier?  Is Sterane
a hormone, a trade name for steroid, or what?  Do any of the PD'ers on the
List take hormone therapy?  And what about the new  "growth drug" which may
retard aging (Not FDA approved)?

Fred Turner <[log in to unmask]>