In article  [log in to unmask] writes:

>If you were watching NBC Nightly News on Monday of this week, you should have
>seen something called an EECP on a segment called "Health Watch."  In this
>segment, they showed a machine that looked much like a pair of pants.  Laying
>on a table and inside of these "pants" one just lays there.  The machine
>functions in time with your heart to effectively pump the blood out of the
>legs and back thru the heart.  It does this by a series of tightening and
>loosening of the "pants."  The testing as shown on the news was for heart
>bypass patients where it was very successful.  What is more interesting is
>that in China, where the machine originates, it is used for Parkinson's
>patients also.

>Regards,
>Alan Bonander

The MASS trousers were developed in the United States for use in trauma
patients in Vietnam. Emergency medical services use them under medical
direction for trauma where the blood pressure drops or is below a certain
pressure.

The inflatable trousers have two valves and have a hand pump. Their
Parkinson's application in China probably would be in acute cases of
orthostatic hypotension.

John Cottingham                     "KNOWLEDGE is of two kinds: we know
[log in to unmask]                      a subject, or we know where we can
OR                                   find information upon it."
[log in to unmask]            Dr. Samuel Johnson