Here in the middle of week 2 of the non-placebo unblind one person NADH study
you all will be happy to hear that so far I haven't experienced any
irreversible damage that I am aware of. But I will tell you that NADH is some
strong stuff....I finally have cut back from the 2 tablets daily recommended
by Menuco's literature, to the one per day they suggest for "energy", and
frankly I think I may settle in at one every other day. Yesterday, at my
husband's insistence, I skipped  the day (no NADH), and finally by comparison
we got a pretty good feel for what the stuff does.

First off, it seems to last a long time in the system, kind of like a good
agonist, and definitely boosts the action of the Sinemet. I still have been
unable to determine what is the right dose of my 25/100 CR....but a whole tab
is TOO MUCH and I have spent the last 9 days
in a dyskinetic frenzy. It's exhausting. The NADH also adds to the sleep
problem- I didn't think it was possible to have any worse sleep habits than I
already did, but unfortunately it is. I felt "rode hard and put up wet" as my
old counselor used to say. A real personality enhancer.

The good news is that I am sure I can reduce my Sinemet intake, and
eventually I will figure out the balance. I noticed that I was moving more
fluidly, even when off, waking up, telling hubby that I don't have PD today!!
Feel like hell from lack of sleep, but don't have PD. This morn I was back to
the regular stiff jerkiness since I abstained from NADH yesterday. The really
good news (for some) is a sharply increased interest in things passionate. In
retrospect, I think I would call it a zest, or even obsession. You get my
drift here.

The Menuco literature includes a questionnaire to fill out having to do with
frequency (of consumption). The choices offered are: once a day, more than
once a day, every two days, once a week, other. This leads me to believe that
they are aware that daily consumption may not be for everyone, certainly not
for me. I eagerly await the input of the other Guinea pigs,er, I mean, users.
I think the hardest part of the whole experiment has been not having the
experience of others to fall back on. Thank God for this support network and
the valuable info we glean here!

Kathie Tollifson([log in to unmask])