Hey everybody,

I wanted to join this list because my grandmother, who is 79 years old, has
had Parkinson's for the past 15 years.  Consequently, I have become quite
familiar with the devasting effects of the disease.  My grandmother is a
psychologist therefore she took an active role in fighting this illness.  Up
until the last few years she maintained a regular exercise program that
included yoga, walking and swimming.  Lately she hasn't been doing well and
she seems to be bordering on becoming an agoraphobic.  Due to her unstable
health she is afraid to be far from home and has refrained from her most
social get togethers.  She seems to be quite stressed and I can't tell if
this is part of the illness or a side effect from all of the medications.

I am hoping to gain some answers to her questions, such as, Palladotomy
procedures, whether someone becomes immune or builds up a resistance to the
effects of L'Dopa and any new treatment recommendations.  We have also heard
that Parkinson's patients should avoid Nutra Sweet, is this true?

If anybody has any advice or information please email me.  I am so happy to
have found this group!
Laurie Caskey