I have been reading the mail here for the last couple of weeks, and it has
made me realize how fortunate I am.  No matter how sorry you may feel for
yourself, there is always someone worse off!  I have determined that I will
approach PD as positively as possible--every morning when I am having trouble
getting things to function the way they should I stop, take a few deep
breaths and push myself to STOP dragging that foot, to hold my head up and
make myself face the problems of the day as positively as possible
    A couple of thoughts have come to mind.  So far about all I have heard
are discussions of medications, causes, and therapies for PD I would love to
have discussions of people's hobbies.  Even with PD they must have some
interests to keep them going.  I asked for names of people who are ham radio
operators.  Got four total answers.  I would love to get more so we could get
a net going.  I will communicate with them via E-Mail.
      I am sure that even with more active PD there must be many who could
pursue some hobby or interest to keep their minds as active as possible.  How
about having you mention your hobbies and what you might be interested in
outside of dwelling entirely on your illness? I hope you get my idea--or am I
being crazy?
     Amateur Radio can be a very big outlet for any who are physically
handicapped but mentaly in need of diveresion.  For those of you who  may be
politically oriented, I would like o see Congress pass laws that would permit
people in nursing homes or retirement  homes to be able to put up and antenna
so they can pursue their hobby. Any one want to plug in their ideas?
Donald Stokes ([log in to unmask])