Gary,

I was the one who asked  the question originally and I thank you for the
information.  I suppose we could give respondants a choice to send direct
E-mail to Barb or myself - which allows one person in the group other than
the sender to potentially know the source,  use the server in Finland or I
could give my mail address and people could send responses without a return
address.  That seems to me to answer the confidentiality issue.

Now the other issue is if we set this up as a (nonscientific) survey of the
group in order to get some order of magnitude of Sexual problems in
Parkinson's patients is there enough interest in the subject for me to
develop a survey and will there be enough respondents to make it worthwhile?
least an acknowledgement from caregivers and other individuals without PD of
their status( i.e not completing the questionaire) for statistical
purposes(% of group responding. )

I would like others ideas about the survey including content and level of
interest.
If I get enough interest I will try to put something together over the next
week.  If you do support the survey but have no particular comments to
share-please drop me a 1 sentence direct e-mail note indicating your
support- or reservations.  If I get at least 40-50 positive responses I will
go ahead with it.

Charlie

> Re: anonymous mail for delicate subjects

> The anonymous mail server (probably the one you spoke of): anon.penet.fi
> has been around for some time, and is probably the most frequently used
> anonymous mail server on the Internet for posting anonymously.  In this
> respect, it's fairly "respectable" and I would say it's pretty secure.
>
> Unlike sending mail to you, Barb, and having you strip out the headers,
> the attraction of using a real "anonymous mail server" might be that the
> anonymotization (is that a word?) is done automatically, so there's no one
> who actually sees the sender's name in conjunction with the message - it's
> stripped out automatically.
>
> In any case, for those interested, they can send a blank message to:
> You don't need to put any subject for the mail message either.  Just a
> blank message to that address will get you all the information.
>
> You'll receive a message with anything you need to know to send mail
> anonymously.  Sending mail anonymously is easy - you just send the message
> to the server in Finland and at the top of the message include the real
> address of who you want the message to go to in a special line that looks
> like:  X-Anon-To: real.addressee.here
>
> For added protection, you can use a password to prevent others from
> sending mail as you, like if you step away from your computer.
>
> You'll also receive in the help message some good warnings about the
> security of email, as were your warnings, Barbara.
>
> Email is not secure. Email is not secure. Email is not secure.  But
> neither is postal mail, nor anything else short of speaking to someone
> face to face.  On the other hand, there aren't lots of folks out there
> with nothing better to do than spy on email, and those that do are pretty
> pathetic individuals anyway - I doubt they'll be looking for mail of
> Parkinson's folks just waiting to blackmail you.  Keep things in
> perspective, but understand the inherent risks.
>
> Anyway, anonymous mail is available for those who might find that a more
> comfortable way of remaining fully anonymous.  Just try not to threaten
> the President  :-)
>
> -- garyZ
 Charles T. Meyer
 Madison, WI