Carol Brow:

I couldn't help seeing that your mother was taking 1000 mg of B6.  According
to the PD books, B6 converts Levodopa to dopamine outside of the blood brain
barrier.  One thing that Carbidopa does is to lower the B6 level such that it
is less ffective in converting Levodopa outside the BBB.

It is interesting that having a deficiency of B6 will show symptoms similar
to PD.  In some ancedotal trails, it was found that PD patients on long term
Sinemet or Carbidopa/Levodopa (maybe 10 years or more) may find increased
benefits from the same amount of Sinemet by taking about 50 mg of B6 nightly.

This is a far cry from your 1000 mg.  I would suggest you read up on B6 and
see if you want to keep it at this level.

Regrads,
Alan Bonander ([log in to unmask])