I told my daughter (11 at the time, now 13) about my PD diagnosis.  We
talked about it, and she wasn't scared.  I think as long as kids know
it's not life-threatening they don't worry about it too much.  I also
told management at my company, basically because I work in a friendly
place and people are willing to accept things and talk about them.  I
guess it depends on what your company is like.  By now I think everyone
at my office knows I have PD.  I didn't go out of my way to tell
everyone, but occasionally someone might say, "Gee, your hand is
shaking; lighten up," or "Is something wrong with your leg -- did
you hurt yourself," and I'd just tell them matter-of-factly that I
had PD.  Some people might then want to talk about it, and some
wouldn't, but everyone is supportive.

Charlie Barasch]
Plainfield, VT