---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 1995 17:15:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: Carol Brow <[log in to unmask]>
To: "K. Norman Severinsen" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: alternative treatment

On Sun, 6 Aug 1995, K. Norman Severinsen wrote:

> Dear Carol,
> Why is your mother not getting the triditional therapy?
Norman and all:>
She was just recently diagnosed.

Our doctor reviewed the literature available to him
with us and we decided to try the alternative route
first.

She had already treated some of the symptoms with
craniosacral therapy with good results.

If not responsive we'll go from there.

The vitamins and minerals I noted each play a part
in brain and nervous system function.

"Parkinson's disease is a degenerative disease affecting
the nervous system. Its cause is unknown, but symptoms appear
when there is an imbalance of two chemicals, dopamine and
acetycholine, in the brain. Scientists found a deficiency
of dopamine in certain brain cells. . . .When the brain
is not able to manufacture dopamine, PD results. Malnutrition
is believed to be a major underlying factor."

There followed a list of Nutrients suggested to be 'very
important' and a second list suggested to be helpful.

We are starting with all of the first set plus
the brewers yeast, Georvitral H-3 and multidigestive
enzymes.

Vit B6 is essential for the brain to produce dopamine.
Calcium and magnesium needed for nerve impulse transmission
GABA functions to spabilize neuron activity
Lecithin is important in the transmission of nerve impulses
L-Glutamic acid (amino acid) Improves nerve impulse transmission
L-Tyrosine (amino acid) Mood regulator
Vit B complex Extremely important in brain function and enzyme activity
Vit C plus bioflavinoids Improves cerebral circulation, potent
        antioxidents and antistress substances
Vit E Protects important vitamins and minerals from free radical destruction.
        An antioxident
Brewers yeast Contains B vitamins and balanced minerals needed by
        the central nervous system
Gerovital H-3 Improves memory and brain function
Multidigestive enzymes  aids in digestion (I have long felt
        that she wasn't getting all the good from her food.

Thanks for the response.

I'm now looking into the archives to find any and all info
I can on this disease but expecial non drug therapies.

Moderation especially with regard to drugs has always been my
mother's philosophy as well as my own.

Carol Brow