>---------------------

t >input from everyone on the list as to:

>1)  what, if any, outside causes (pesticides, metals, solvents, etc)
>have they been exposed to that they feel may have played a role;
>2)  at what age were they diagnosed with pd (the younger they were,
>the more likely environment was a factor);
>3)  what ideas can everyone come up with as to the specific research
>areas related to this topic that they think researchers should focus
>on in the near future.
>>>
>Wendy Tebay

Dear Wendy

I mentioned before in my introduction how I suspect my Substance Nigro
got reduced, but will repeat it in reply to your request.
My career and hobby have been electronics since age 18.
I spend hours on end designing and building electronic circuits using
a soldering iron and solder.
All solder as far as I know consists of a mixture of tin and lead.
When you melt it, gasses are emitted straight into your nostrils as
you are bend over your work to see what you are doing.
Somehow I suspect that part of these fumes are lead-oxide.
I had PD symptoms for at least two years before it was finally
diagnosed in April 1994 at age 42.
Logic states that PD should thus be a common disease amongst
electronic technicians, however, I was fanatic and spend entire
weekends soldering.

Greetings fellow PeeDees,

Nicolaas Marais.