I just want to say "Right On" to Joseph's reply:
***************
Dear David,
I stood in my bathroom in December 1991 with urine running down my leg be
cause I could not get my zipper down or even undo my belt. I went to India
in January of 1992 & 1993 to have long term Ayurvedic and yoga therapy.
When I came back most of my symptoms other than tremors, rigidity, and
weakeness had dramtically improved. My memory came back, my uncontrollable
urges to urinate disappeared, I could go all night without getting up to
urinate, my digestion & eliminations improved, all of the stiffness went
out of my joints, but rigidity remained in my muscles. All of this hap-
pened before I began taking Sinemet in September of 1993. Since then I
have taken Chinese herbs, homeopathic remedies, psychotherapy, feldenkrais,
massage therapy, crainiosacral therapy, somato emotional release, acupunc-
ture, and recently body alignment technique and Chi Gong treatments. The
point I am trying to make is that you are not a victim. You helped create
this desease with you mind, emotions, and attitudes. All of the therapies
I have taken have each pealed away a layer of onionskin which has allowed
me to bring healing into another area of my life. Sinemet, Deprenyl,
pallidotomies, etc. are all useful in dealing with the symptoms of PD.
The actual causes lie within you and only you hvae the power to eliminate
them. This is a slowly emerging model of disease, this responsibility for
our own health and well being. We certainly have an unconscious role in
creating our diseases otherwise why do only certain people get certain
diseases ....
.*********************
It mirrors my thoughts exactly.  No one blames you for causing your own
disease, but everything we do and think plays a part in creating our reality,
in our health, illnesses, loves, careers, etc.  Only YOU, and you do, have
the power to heal yourself and live life fully.  This may not necessarily
you're "cured" per se, but you are still ALIVE!  My youngest brother
contracted cancer at 2.5 years old, and died by 5 years, but he fought and
fought and really lived in his short 5 years.  All (or most anyway) of us
with pd have had or will have more than that.  For myself, I cannot do
anything less than live by his example.  I'm also sure that that experience
played some part in my getting pd.  When he died, I would've gladly switched
with him, but since I couldn't, I swore that I since I would likely live many
years after, my life would have to include a proportionate amount of living
and that it would have to have some purpose worthy of the gift I had been
given, which he had been denied.  Since also as a young girl I always told my
dad I would live in the wilderness when I grew up, cuz I hated cities and all
that went with them, I think now the pd has brought me full circle.  I hardly
live in the wilderness now (New Jersey), but the pollution & toxins here
which I believe have played a part in my pd (I didn't have it before moving
here), have also become the source of my inspiration and my purpose.  So,
altho' I may have in part created my current reality, I can also uncreate it
- but I'm also not going to let pesticides, etc., off the hook just because
my personality, genes, or whatever, may have made me susceptible to them.
 While working on changing myself and what makes me susceptible (also via
meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, acupuncture, etc.) - I'm gonna take my newfound
anti-passivity and anti-pd-like-personality and fight like HELL!

Wendy Tebay