I was (unexpectedly) able to pick up the Newsweek featuring the article on
Melatonin.
First, the cautionary note was not about NADH but rather DHEA :) I get these
things mixed up easily too. As 'warnings' go, this was a very mild
cautionary note about the DHEA, probably just enough of one to keep lawsuits
at bay. Still, Jeff will be asking for a rx for DHEA on Monday.
The article was really about Melatonin. And it got raves. Yes, they said
long term effects were not known but do date (and it's been under study for
a long time now) they haven't found any bad effects. Scientists tried to
determine what was a lethal level in lab mice/rats and couldn't kill one
mouse and that was at 6000 mgs! I have started taking 1 tablet (3 mgs) at
about an hour before bed  (no, I don't have PD, Jeff does but I decided to
be the guinea pig on this one!) and find I sleep much more restfully. If
anyone is homebound, I'd be happy to try to fax the article (too long to
post here). Email your fax number.
Lisa Carper