Has your father tried craniosacral therapy?

When I mentioned to my mother's physical therapist who was evaluating
my mother for a tens unit to eleviate the pain of a compressed
vertebrae that mom was 'confused' and was up frequently during the
night, she placed her hands on mom's head and checked her cranial
pulse.

Said the rate should be 12 to 13 beats or pulses per minute and
mom's was only three and weak.

She went on to explain what all this was about and asked it
I wanted her to try craniosacral therapy myofacial release.

What did we have to lose.

She used very gentle pressure with her fingers to "release
muscular contractions that may have been with mom for years.

After about three weeks of therapy, one night mom slept
for six hours straight and did she snore.

Her balance improved as well as her confusion!

Needless to say mom gets periodic craniosacral therapy.

Sad to say our therapist moved and the home-help service doesn't
have anyone trained in craniosacral therapy.

But

An osteopathic physician in a nearby town does the same therapy.

I understand that the techniques they use were perfected at Michigan
State University by Dr. Upledger, now of Florida.

Having anyone's cranial rhythm checked is worth the effort.

I'm a believer.  Mom sleeps, I sleep. Mom's balance improves, I
can leave her alone for brief periods without worry.

All this happened before we knew that many of mom's symptoms
were pointing to PD.

Carol Brow