In article  Lisa Carper <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>>I read recently in the July/August "Remedy Magazine", that at Southern
>>Illinois University School of Medicine, research is being conducted in
>>using Mucuna Puritans for Parkinson's disease.  The article says that it is
>>an ancient East Indian herbal medicine.  It also states it contains the
>>same active ingredient -levodopa- as L-dopa, the major drug used against
>>Parkinson's disease currently.  Does anyone know if this plant exists in
>>the United States or know where it could be obtained from?  My father has
>>Parkinsons disease and it is going into the advanced stages.  Any
>>information is very much appreciated!

Mucuna pruriens is mentioned in the diet study by Kempster and Wahlqvist
in the archives.

Glad to see verifying research being done here.

John Cottingham                     "KNOWLEDGE is of two kinds: we know
[log in to unmask]                      a subject, or we know where we can
OR                                   find information upon it."
[log in to unmask]            Dr. Samuel Johnson