Hi Laurie Caskey,
I was interesting to hear about your grandmother's fear of going out. My
sister, who is 38 and was diagnosed four years ago, has been complaining of
stage fright (she's a dancer and still active), terrible anxiety about
talking on the phone, and fear of strangers, all of which she never had
before. She has been taking something that has really helped. She only takes
it when she knows she'll have to face the public, but it works beautifully
and she has even been able to make public speeches--difficult at the best of
times! I will ask her what it is she's taking; perhaps it will help your
grandmother.
Cheers,
Anne Marcotty