Hi Nic,

My name is Dar Newman, I am 43 and was diagnosed 5 years ago with
PD.  I thought it was a joke at first also.  My husband and I have 2
children now 20 and 17.  We told them about a month after we were
sure of the daignosis.  It has made things easier for all of us
because they could understand some of the reasons why mom is slower
moving or shakes for no reason.  I would encourage you to tell them
in as simple terms as you can.  Kids are perceptive and tend tomake
up things if not told what is happening.  Good luck and hang in
there.

Dar Newman