     I was introduced today to a young man who has Parkinson's disease.  He
     shared a poem he had written with me.  I explained about the
     Parkinson's Digest and asked if I could post his poem here.  He was
     very happy to find a place that he could communicate his feelings.  I
     hope soon he will be able to get on line via a friend of his, but in
     the mean time here is a poem by A. Luke Kraus.

     Sylvia

                              UNKNOWN SOUL

        Deep in ones soul
        Unknown to yourself or others:
                a glimpse of ones self - not there - barely
                a memory, trying hard to hang on.

        All alone - no one to share - so distant, no one to care.
                Friends and family sometimes try to help - but they don't
                really understand.

        It's still me, can't anyone see:
                pity is not what I seek, just your love
                and trust to let me be.

        Unknown thoughts - pressure abounds:
                absorbing, controlling, limiting, but not quite destroying,
                or not, who you are or were.

        Unknown to yourself, deep in ones soul a inner flame glows -
                flickering at times trying to stay a flame, and regain,
                maintain, possibly remain

        For the unknown soul doesn't think, it adapts, tries to relieve
                when troubles, we perceive will over come us, don't
     succeed.

        Deep in yourself your soul cries within, unable to comprehend,
                that for some, life is hard and sometimes cruel.  But
                you take what you get and make do - knowing that one day
                you'll be free to just be yourself!

                                                        A. Luke Kraus