I am going on vacation for about two weeks.  I will do my best to stay away
from this board.  I want to see if there is something like withdrawal
problems.   I tried something last night that worked so good I thought as a
parting shot I would ask others to try it the same way I do.

This is what was suggested to me.  For those who have been on levodopa
/carbidopa therapy for many years (11 years for me), it was suggested to take
50 mg or 100 mg of Vitamin B6 at night.  The logic is that carbidopa gets rid
of B6 so that B6 will not convert Levodopa to dopamine outside of
blood-brain-barrier.  After many years of this therapy there may be a B6
deficiency or something like that.  Thus by adding some at night, it can be
most effective.  50 mg to 100 mg is all one needs.

This morning when I got up, I felt so GOOOOOOOD.   I wanted to shout how
great things were.  I have not felt that great since before PD.  I looked up
what a deficiency of B6 might cause and saw <<<  DEPRESSION >>>.

Well I am off to a vacation.  I will be in Providence, RI visiting my son and
in Boston visiting my sister.  I like warm, dry days and cool evenings.  I
hope the East Coast accommodates.

Notes:  Thanks David for your reply.  I might add a one-liner for you:

   "What is life?  It is a sexually transmitted terminal disease."

For Eric, I took the opportunity to talk about excess medication and
caregiver abuse.  I knew it didn't apply totally to you.  I do not like to
see caregiver abuse.  When that happens, it is important to seek medical
help.  The disease does strange things to us.  Adding meds is sometimes
amateur night at "drug city".  But do not allow abuse to continue.  It hurts
too much mentally.  Eric, you have a wonderful mother.  If you can bottle her
devotion to your father, she would be a rich lady.  Don't let her burn out.

Bye
Alan