Hello. My name is Doris. I came on line a week ago and I am glad to know
you all. About two years ago, when I first became aware of having
Parkinson's Disease, I did not understand the "on-off" phenomenon because
I had no motor problems - no freezing, no body rigidity, no difficulty in
getting up and down. Without medication however the symptoms of PD that I
had were a masklike face and nonswinging arms when I walked. But now I
realize that my particular, peculiar "on-off" phenomenon is this: by the
time I am scheduled to take another dosage of the medication, in fact
even before, I feel nauseated, my stomach aches, I have internal tremors,
my throat feels sore, there is tickling and irritability in my upper
chest, I feel very fatigued and extremely sleepy about 1 1/2 hours after
taking the medication.
        I now consider the above symptoms as my "off" phase. My "on"
phase is that after taking the medication these symptoms disappear and I
feel relatively better for a while - a feel of being all-together. Does
anyone else share these somatic symptoms?
        My dosage is Sinemet 25/100, 1/2 tablet, 3 X per day
                     Sinemet 25/100 CR, 1 tablet, 3 X per day
                     Eldepryl  5mg, 1 tablet per day.
        Thank you for your support.
                        Doris