Hello, my name is Spiro Bolos -- I am a teacher from the Chicago area.
My father has PD and I've been searching the internet for information to
help him.

I must say that I have really enjoyed reading some of the positive
messages on this listserv.  My father is so depressed I worry that he's
contemplating suicide.  It's nice to hear of people w/ PD who are coping
effectively.

Anyhow, the reason I am posting this message is to inquire about a
treatment which uses both sex and anabolic hormones to "regenerate"
neurons.  Has ANYONE heard of this or had an experience with this
treatment?  It also supposedly is a treatment for Alzheimer's.

I've got all of the info from the Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease
Diagnostic and Treatment Center in front of me and it sounds too good to
be true.  The pamphlet I have states emphatically, "It is not
experimental treatment; it is a medical necessity.  It entitles the
patient to their customary reimbursements via health care law."

My mom actually called the place and apparently this center does NOT get
along well with the UPF (who are very much into drug therapy, as it seems
to me).  I'd like to make an appointment with them but I am afraid of
quackery...

Here's the info:

Dr. Chaovanee Aroonsakul, M.D., B.S.
Dr. Robert James Moon, Ph.D
Dr. Charles Frederick Ehret, Ph.D

300 E. Ogden Ave., Naperville, IL 60563
Tel.: 708.778.8816
Fax.: 708.778.0532
Toll Free: 800.868.1008

Again, I'm not sure what kind of standing this center has in the PD
community, so I'd really appreciate any input.  Thanks!

Spiro Bolos
email:  [log in to unmask]