I've been following the list messages on sex and PD and on the impact of our
environment and PD. I found the following quote in a book "Getting the love you
want; A Guide for Couples" by Harville Hendrix: he is talking about Romantic
Love.

"What causes the rush of good feeling we call romantic love? Psycho
pharmacologists have learned that lovers are literally high on drugs - natural
hormones and chemicals that flood their bodies with a sense of well being.
During the attraction phase of a relationship the brain releases dopamine and
norepinephrine, two of the body's many neurotransmitters. These
neurotransmitters help to contribute to a rosy outlook on life, a rapid pulse,
increased energy, and a sense of heightened perception. During this phase when
lovers want to be together every moment of the day, the brain increases its
production of endorphins and enkephalins, natural narcotics, enhancing a
person's sense of security and comfort."

My eyes homed in on the reference to dopamine, not surprisingly! Does anybody
feel that they might have had such a good time "in romantic love" that they
used up too much dopamine. If there is a connection, and we did, we are paying
for it now!

A bit tongue in cheek but if anyone wants to read the book look for ISBN
0-671-71529-1 published by Simon and Schuster Ltd in 1993.

Best wishes

Bob Hills
Leeds, England

PS      I'm no neurologist, psychologist or psychopharmachologist : just a
Civil Engineer on the highways of life!