To Helen Spence:

Gaylord Rough's suggestion of an Interplak electric toothbrush is
good, but we feel not the best.  My wife and I have been using
Interplaks for about 8 or 9 years and there is no doubt they do a
wonderful job of cleaning.  We are now on our 5th unit, which points
out the problem.  We have found that Interplaks are good only for
about 6 months before they have to be returned for repairs.  Basch &
Lomb, the manufacturer, will repair them during that time (the
problem is always the battery quits holding a charge).  But when you
send a unit for repairs after the one year warranty, they write back
and say the unit is not repairable and offer to sell you a new unit
for about the same price as the discount houses charge.  Last year we
decided that maybe Consumers Reports was right and the Oral B
electric plaque remover was a better unit and we purchased one about
a year ago.  We like the Oral B much better.  It does an equal or
better cleaning job than the Interplak and holds about 10 times the
charged time.  We are currently using both the Interplak and Oral B
concurrently until this Interplak "dies".

Hope this will be of some help.

Bill Butch ([log in to unmask])