hello Don,  dont remember if i replied to your message mentioning hams but if
not here goes.

my husband and my caregiver is  WA2QNW   CHUCK in N>J>
I know he operates all bands on voice only and with some packet.

Chuck tells me to tell you that with the bands dead at night he operates this
computer for me so its almost the same.  We spoke about a live PD chat
room...(a great substitute for the bad prop) and almost like packet.  What
say we give Barbara this idea..maybe it will work...a live chat room on AOL
for PD who want to speak live.

So you can see that I inherited HAM RADIO with my marriage license!!  Its
been teriffic for us especially when we travel.

Don,  we just took a trip to the new DEL WEBB retirement village near Hilton
Head.   He is frustrated about not being able to  radio  in a retirement
community so he approached the management and explained the benefits of
having a  ham radio club.  Sure it meant an antenna tower but he gave all the
right reasons they should agree...

SURE ENOUGH THEY DID providing the ham radio club paid for the tower.  Now
they advertise this club amoung all the others.

You never know!!!

Keep in touch.  leaving on holiday for two weeks   will read your msg here or
on email to [log in to unmask]    88 and 73 from CHUCK