Nancy,  I just was reviewing some older list messages and reread your concern
about dad.  I have at least two immediate comments:

INSIST YOU DAD SEE THE   BEST  AVAILABLE   NEUROLOGIST WHO IS FAMILIAR WITH
PD   ANYTHING LESS IS A MISTAKE.

Try the nearest big hospital or university associated hospital.

Re chemicals.  Coincidentally, just befoe I was diaognosed with PD I worked
in an auto paint distributship as secretary.  But with all the messages here
about chemical coincidences, I dont hold that responsible.

Lastly but as important is that my major pd symtom is my feet and toes.
  Sure my body has OFF times (stiffness, hard to walk, etc) but the my main
pain is in my feet.  Without warning they tingle (like when your leg falls
asleep) and they my toes and feet go into spasm.
IT IS LIVING HELL for about one hour.   I take muscle and mind relaxers but
its only with the help of any caregiver nearby and my concerntrationn to get
me through it.

If anyone reads this that has similiar cramping and muscle spasm in feet and
toes  PLEASE CALL ME BY EMAIL   [log in to unmask]  or here.  Maybe someone has
a better idea of how to cope during this ULTIMATE AGONY.

Good luck with dad.

JOYCE