I use Stuffit Lite ( a shareware program ) on my Mac II to decode messages.
 I am sure that the PC has Stuffit Lite too.  My question is why is anyone
(TONY SCHOONENBERG) is sending coded messages in the first place?

Date:    Fri, 11 Aug 1995 03:39:50 -0700
From:    tony schoonenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: milk

--=====================_808136907==_

(This file must be converted with BinHex 4.0)
:$%&@6dP%68P-,P4B9!"849K8G(4iG!!!!!!0%J!!!!!ImN&@6dP%)%e*6%XJ8&*
29%9*6L"*4L"C6e8J9%&,45"658j&6898$3e8D'8JE@pcG#"MEfeYEfiJG(*PBA4
YC@jd)'C[FL"3BA*VD@jcEfiRFb"NDA0PBA0P)#K34#NJDA-JC'p`B@eTEQ8JFQ9
`E'&MC@ePER3JG'KPFQ&`H5iJ)%Pd)'Pc)'PYF'pbG'&ZG#"dD'&d)(GP)'&c)&"
%)("KG'PPER4c)(9ZC'9bFh4KEQ3JFfpYC5"[CL"dD'8JBfpYF'aPH'PdD@9c)'p
Q)(4SDA-JG'KPFQ&`H5"cEb"dD'&d)(GP)'0KEL"KGQpTC#"TEQ&NGQ9bG'9ZG'a
j)'4[D@jR)(4SD@jRFb"dD'&d)(GTE'`JGfpbDb"KCf&TER0d)'Pd,L!J$3P+GA0
d)(4KDfPZCb"NEh"KE@PZC5"LH5"YEh9dD#"[FL"TER4bBACPD@j[GA0XH5"hEfi
RG#"NEb"dD'8JDQpL,#"LC@0KGA0P)'Pd)'Pc)'PZ)(4SC5"LFQ&TEL"dD'&d)'4
[F'&YD@jP)(*PF'aKBf9YC@jd)'Pc)'jPC@4PC#`JB@jN)'4[F'&YD@jP)(G[ELG
d)'G[)(4SFQpeCfJJG'KP)'*XEfpN,@*bB@PZ)'*KFR*TCA)Z)#"8D'8JBfaPGQ9
b)(GKH5"KFQpeEQ3JG'KTFb"TFb"dD'&d)%`YC'p`B5"[FL"XCAC[C'p`B5"hD'9
Z)(4KDf9Z)'pbB@aXH5`JGfPXE#"REb"QFQpY)(4SC5"NG@pNC@jeE5!SDR9cG#"
LC@a[Gb"dD'8JFh4[E@&MD#NJD@jdEb"dD'8JBQa[Ef3J)(0dFQ9KE5`JG'KbEh9
RD#"dD'8JBQa[Ef3YBR*KD@iJBQ&bFQPPFL"TER4[)(4SC5"LFQ&TEL!SFh9LFh4
KER4TB5"ZD@GbB5NX)(GSCA*P)'Pd)'Pc)'0[ERCPFR4PC#"LH5"dD'8JB@0dD@p
Z)'pQ)'&Z)'9ZHRPYC5"TER4[)'4[F'&YD@jP,Jd*9'KPFf8JC@jkH@ePFb"dD'&
d)'ePG'&LEfaTHQ8JE'9fEf4[F'%J)'PZG'mJC'p`B@eTEQ8JBA*P)'C[G@jN)'&
XFfmJEh9dFfPNC5"dD'8JBR*KD@iX)("KFR4TBh9XBA*XH5"TEL"KEQ3JEQ9KFL"
[GA)JDfPNEQ9jFbiJ)&GP)'4[ELGd)(GKER3JC'p`B@eTEQ8JG'mJBQ8JCQpbE@9
N)'PZ)'peFL"LEf4TCA-JBQ9MBA9cC5"TG#"NEf9c)(4SD@jRFb"XD@YP)'eKDfP
ZCb"eFb"ZBA9cC@peFbiJ)%Pd)'&XFfmJGA0PFb"eF#"cEfeP)'pQ)(4SC5"XCAC
[C'p`B5"dD'&d)(GP)(GKER3JG'mJBQ8JBfpYF'9dD@jR)'C[FL"KEL"[F("[FR4
eEQPdH5"dEb"RCA3JG'KbEh9RD#"dD'8JBQa[Ef3YBR*KD@iJBQ&bFQPPFL"TER4
[)(4SC5"LFQ&TELiJ)%&MBfpbC'PZCfaj,#"cD@jPE@9d)#`JG'KP)'e[Fh3JBfp
YE@pZE(NJF(*PFf0bD@*PC#"YC@4TBf&dD@pZ)'C[FL"34#`JD@iJB@4NDA4TEfi
JG'mJE'9fEf4[F'%JBfpZG'&TER-JB@iJB@e[G@jd)'pQ)'0KFQ*TC'p`B5`JB5"
MD'9YD@0KE#"dD'&d)'0[G@jdCA*KBh4c)(4SC5"PERTjE@8JB@0dD@pZ,#"XD@e
TG'PZCb"[GA)JEQ&eFf9K)'&ZC#"KG#"dD'8JFf&YC5"dD@eP)'YPCA"TEQFJG'K
P)'0[EQ0PER4bBA4TEfiJEfBJE'9fEf4[F'%JD@iJEh9b)'*XEfpN)(0dFQ9KE5"
SD@GSCA)JG'mJD@e`FQpfC5"dFQ&ZFfCPFL"TER4[)'peFL"LFQ&TELiJ)#!0#94
SC5"YCA4SEf3JGA0PC#"QEh)JCf9dG'PZCb"cD@jPE@9d)'CbEfdJEh9b)'4eEf4
PER9Y)'PZG'mJEh9b)'*XEfpN)(0dFQ9KE5"TFb"MB@aXC@3JB@0dDACP)(4bB@j
cF'pbG#iJ)#"*G#"NEf9cELGd)'TeFh3JE'9KDb"dD(*[G@GS)(4SC5"RGA3JGf&
XE(-X)'*eG#"TFb"MBA*bD@9N)(4SFQpeCfJJG'KP)(GKE'`JBRNJB5"MD'9YD@0
KE#"MBA*bD@9b,L!J9f8JBf&Z)(4SD@jV)'pQ)(4SC5"MBA*bD@9b)'&c)'%JFh4
bC@9d)'0KFL"dD'&d)'KKFb"[EQaj)'%JE'PYDA4PC#"ZG@eLCA)JEfBJFf9KG(-
X)'&ZC#"cC@&dFb"dD'&d)(GTE'`JB@0MEfeYEf4KG'8JEfjXH5"K)'0PFR4KD@i
JFfPkC5"[CL"YEfaPBh9XC5iJ9'KPFf8JFh4bC@9d)'0KFR-JCfmJBQ&MDb"KEQ3
JCQpbG'JJB@0bEh0c)(4SC5"RGA3JGf&XE#`JF'PMDfPZCb"eF#"YEfaPBh9XCA-
JEfBJB5"MCA*dB@PZ)'YTEQ3JD@iJG'KP)'4eEf4PER9Y,#"MBA*bH@PZCb"dD'9
Y)(4SFQpeCfJJG'KP)(GKE'`X)'&ZC#"NCA"[FfPdD@jRG'KPE5"TEL"dD'8JBQa
[Ef3JFh4bC@&Y)'pZ)(4SC5"[G'KPFL"cD@4P,#"dD'9Z)(*PG(9bEQPZCb"QEh)
JB@j[G'KPFL"XEf&N,L!J$3P-CAC[C'p`B5"KEQ3JBf&bBQPNEh"K)'&bC5"dGfm
JE@pXC@0eE'9c)(4SBA3JGfPXE#"QDA3JEfiJB5"MCA*dB@PZ)(0THQ8JBf&bFQP
PFL`JBR9d)(4SCA*P)'&bC5"[G'KPFL"YEfaPBh9XCA-JG'KKG#"QDA3JB@acEb`
JB@jN)(GTE'`JBfpYF'9dC5"hDA4S)'aPGQpNEh"K)'&ZC#"MBA*LD@4[F'%JCQp
b)(4SC5"XD@eTG'9N)'jeE@*PFL"[CL"cC@&dFb"dD'&d)'&bC5"KGQ&TE'&LE'8
Z)#!J4Qpb)'9iB@e`E'8X)'aKFQGP)'jPGA4bB@`JB@eTEQmJB@0TC(-X)(0eBfJ
JBA-JG'KP)("bEh4PD@iJCQpeEQ3JD@iJE@PXDb`JBf&Z)'0[EA"PG'8JGQ9bH5"
cG(*[EQGXH5"KCf&TER0d)'aPGQpNEh"K)'&ZC#"MBA*LD@4[F'%Z)#!0#8j[FQe
KE'aj,#"KEL"TG'9Y)'pQ)'C[Ef3JG'KKG#"TFb"cGf&XE'phC@3JGfPXE#"dB@Y
P)'&LEh9d)'KKE'BJB@iJD'peFL"dEb"RCA3JG'KbEh9RD#"dD'8JFh4[E@&MD#"
dEb"dD'8JC(9[C'9ZG@dX)'&ZC#"dD'9Z)'&LEh9d)'C[GA)JD'peFR-JG'mJCf9
d)(4SFQpeCfJJG'KP)'4eEf4PER9Y)(4[)(4SC5"TER4PFh4TEQ9c,L!J8fPZC@e
PG#"TFb"dFQ&ZFh"[FR4PC#"TER4[)(4SC5"LE'p[C#"cG(*PB@dJB@aYEh0d)'9
iBfaeFfPfC@aj)'CbEfdJG'KP)'4eEf4PER9Y,#"bBA4SCA)JG'KKEL"QFQpY)(4
SC5"cG'pYB@0S)'pb)(4SC5"TER4PFh4TEQ9c,#"cEb"dD'Pc)(4PE'ac)(9c)(4
SBA3JGfKKG'9fCA)JC'pPFfiRG#"RCA3JG(*KER0`Eh*dC@3JGfPdD'PZ)(4SC5"
QEh9b)'K[GA*c)(4SBA3JG'KP)'ePC'PMBA4TEfiJG'&VCA-JG'mJCf9d)(4SFQp
eCfJJG'KP)'4eEf4PER9Y)(G[ELGd)#"PGQ9b)'eKDf8JDA3Z)#!0#90dG@4TCA-
JD'&fC5"cD'phEL"dD'8JFQ9cG@ad)'pQ)'PZCf9cG'PZCb!f-#"YD@aXD@GbB@e
c)'pQ)'eTE'XJF(*[G'9TEL"hDA4SD@iJB5"QCAFJE@PZGA4PFb"[CL"dB@YTEQF
J-6)e)'eR)'pQ)'aPGQpNEh"K,#"K)'j[FQeKE#"NEh0P,L!J9'KP)'4TCQCPFQ9
ZBf8JDA-JFA9TG'8JFh"PBh4KBh9XBA)X)'9cF'9MD@&XE(NJGfKPEL"hC5"bC@&
XDATP)(4SBA3J0M!JE@FJEfBJE@PXDb"`FQpdC@PZ)'Pc)(4SC5"KE@peER3JCQp
eEQ3JD@iJE'9cFb"dD'&Z)'%JG'9KFh"[EfjQG@`JEfBJE@PXDb%J)&"bB@0dD@0
KE'aj)'&XE#"KEQPYB@`JF(*[G'9TER-JFQ9KBh3JD@iJG'KP)(0KE@8JGf&j,#"
hD'PXC5"fC@GPG'&LE'8JF(*[G'9TER-JE@&j)'*P)'PZ)'GPEQ9bB@`JG'&VC@i
JGfPdD'peG#"XD@eTG#"QFQpY)(4SC5"`EfPZG#"[CL"fD@9h)'pQ)'PZG'9bCQ9
bC@jMC5"hDA4S)(0TEQ9YCA3Z$3d*X`!!:

--=====================_808136907==_
All of the above translates to

AVOID MILK PROTEIN IF YOU TAKE SINEMET

The most common treatment for Parkinson's disease (PD) is dopamine
replacement therapy.  It is important that we as PD patients understand some
of the complexities of this therapy so that we can avoid inadvertently doing
things that will work against it.
 Just taking dopamine by mouth or intraveinously won't do the job, because it
is in the brain that dopamine replacement is needed, and dopamine won't go
through the blood-brain barrier.  The clever way around this is that L-dopa
or levodopa when taken orally, will go from the duodenum (just below the
stomach) into the blood  stream, through the blood-brain barrier into the
brain (substantia nigra), where it is converted by the action of an enzyme
into dopamine.
 These enzymes that metabolize levodopa  into dopamine are found also outside
the brain, particularly in and near our kidneys.  We don't want dopamine to
be formed in our bodies because it does things like making us nauseous.  It
also uses up some of the levodopa that we want to be competing for an
opportunity to get through the blood-brain barrier into the brain.
 Accordingly, sinemet , the most commonly prescribed medication for PD, in
addition to levodopa contains an amount of carbidopa, a chemical that
counteracts the enzyme action, limiting our nausea and at the same time
keeping the concentration of levodopa in our blood stream higher to improve
transfer into our brain.
 The method used for getting sinemet from our duodenum into our blood stream
is called active transport.   It doesn't just leak through the gut walls, but
is carried through the wall by a chemical carrier.  We can think of the
carrier as a street car that has only a limited number of seats, and seats
that will accommodate only a certain size of molecule. These street cars go
back and forth across the gut wall, picking up molecules of a certain kind in
the duodenum, carrying them through the wall, and depositingthem in the blood
stream on the other side, then returning for another load.
 Levodopa and carbidopa are two molecules that will fit on a certain size
carrier, but there are other molecules that fit also, and will compete with
levodopa and carbidopa for the limited number of seats that are available.
  For example, large neutral amino acids, such as the protein found in milk,
can compete very strongly against levodopa and carbidopa.
 Normally, an item of food that is swallowed will take about half an hour to
get through the stomach to the duodenum, and then about four hours to get
through the duodenum to the intestines.  Sinemet is transported into the
blood stream almost exclusively from the duodenum, rather than from the
stomach or the intestines, so this tells us that whatever doesn't get
transported within the four hours that the medication takes to get through
the duodenum won't  ever make it.
 Studies have shown the result of ingesting 60 milligrams of milk protein
within a few minutes of taking 125 mg of levodopa, a normal dose.  The
difference is quite spectacular, especially when we realize that 60 mg of
milk protein is the amount found in less than a teaspoonful of milk!
 Practically all animal proteins react in the same way, while vegetable
proteins may be in general taken without limit from the point of view of
interference with sinemet.

Now aren't you sorry you asked...