Hi Spiro and Joe,

I checked the MEDLINE searching the indexed medical literature over the past
10 years and was unable to find any literature on the use of HGH.  On the
chance that the MD of the group was publishing research I ran his name
through the author index and if I didn't make an error in the search he has
not published anything in a recognized indexed medical journal anywhere in
the world.

For you or anyone contemplating treatments not being discussed in the
mainstream literature that you read about PD-  especially where there are
large sums of money involved- check as you did Spiro with one of the
recognized PD organizations.  Ask- before you meet with them for their
credentials and papers you could read or at give you at least references in
the medical literature.  I would suggest doing this before getting into a
face-to-face meeting so you can make an intellectual appraisal before acting
on the hope given in a sales pitch.

 As we see ourselves or people we care about deteriorating physically and
sometimes mentally we go through periods of desperation as we have recently
been hearing eloquently from David Boots and Michael Sherman.  I think the
reason they received such an outpouring of feeling is that they said what we
all have felt at one time or another and/or the feelings are  "lurking" just
below the surface of our consciousness.  There are those out there who prey
on the desperate for their own financial gain and other practitioners who
are so convinced they have THE ANSWER that they throw caution to the wind
and evangelize less than tested methods. Before trying an unorthodox
treatment check the providers out carefully- not just with word-of-mouth
testimonials- especially with a condition like PD many factors influence
results and there is a large placebo factor in any treatment result-
including the legitimate therapies.

Spiro, you mentioned, I think somewhat disparagingly that UPF is into drug
therapy.  It certainly appears from Joe's investigation that so is that
group that they are too- just different drugs.

I certainly can't say that the group you are contemplating taking your
mother to is not on to a new advance in the treatment of PD or is using a
recognized treatment that  I am ignorant of.  I have no knowledge of them
except in the posting here.

BUT THERE IS A PROVEN METHOD AVAILABLE HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME - for the
process of determining the usefulness unorthodox medical care.  I call it
the MEYER MIRACULOUS METHOD OF  MIND-ENHANCING MEDITATION AND MENTAL AUGURY.
Now this is advice which I usually sell at the modest price of $10,000 or
200,000 units of Substantia Nigra (in case you know of where I can get a
replacement for mine). I  accept Medical Assistance or MEDICARE(but not
assignment) .

But for you 2 guys,  since we're such intimate friends,  I'll give the
method  to you for only 100,000 mg of Sinemet.   I'll let you pay me later
if you promise to make your payment to my brother-in-law who will be
standing in front of Marshall Fields next Tuesday at 9 AM.  He's the one
wearing  the WHITE raincoat with the 40 Rollex watches inside.  (CAUTION:
Especially if you bring your mother DO NOT under any circumstances mistake
him for the dyskinetic guy in the GRAY raincoat not even wearing a watch.
He's rumored to be a LIST member  who recently was given too much of his
dopamine agonists- I sure hope he responds to the sex survey-  we can learn
alot)

In return for my generosity however,  You are invited to be enthusiastic
supporters  and to join in the unsolicited testimonials from  the audience
for the infomercial I am taping next month and should start airing at 3 AM
right after the Psychic Hotline on various cable channels starting in December.

To determine the validity of a particular unorthodox medical treatment the
MEYER MIRACULOUS METHOD OF  MIND-ENHANCING MEDITATION AND MENTAL
AUGURY(MMMMMMA), INC, LTD (patent pending),  MMMMMMA uses principals derived
from Medieval Sorcerers who were put on Earth by the friendly Putamenites of
Rigel 7 (not to be confused with the Aliens of Rigel 4 who I still maintain
have been stealing my subtatia nigra to use as their unit of currency.)
MMMMMMA OR 6M (which is twice as good a company as 3M) is a completely
natural method. There is nothing artificial, there are no drugs, there are
no devices, no diets and for the ladies no pins, no belts, no pads.
Exercise however is crucial.

Remember from high school English the Shakespearian soothsayers that used to
cut open a fowl to predict the future and guide their lives.  Well, In my
MMMMMMA method I use the proven precognitive power of our avian cousins.

To start you must first go to your local pond and catch a wild duck- (That's
the exercise).  Be sure the bird hasn't been exposed to pesticides, drugs,
heavy metals, artificial coloring BGH or MPTP? Gather all the information
you can about the practioner and method you wish to investigate.  For every
item that raises a question of unorthodox medical care obtain 10 grams of
Parlodel or if you can't afford it  you can substitute 20 grams of 24 carat
gold bullion at a considerable saving. Place the material above the duck's
head exactly according to the following formula:

For cases when
D<>DD
then
D=(L-T)(M-S)(A+R)/P+Yda$

where D= distance in mm to place the substance above the duck
        L= Letters the Practioner uses after his name
                *If practioner uses only Dr. in front of his name without referring to
degree          L=10 automatically
        T= Letters in the Degree which allows Practitioner to be licensed
        M= Dollars spent settling Malpractice Suits (Excluding Lawyer's fees)
        S= Value of Suits with settlement under $8,000(to eliminate nuisance suits)
        P= States Practioner Practiced in past 10 years
        A= Number Actions against license
        R= Revocations of license
        Y= years incarcerated
        $= Dollars spent on advertising
        da= Gram molecular Weight of Dopamine
        DD= dead duck

Then holding the Parlodel (or gold bullion) the calculated distance above
the duck's head release the substance. Observe and record what the duck has
to say.  If the duck ignores the object or flutters or squawks a little,
chances are you can trust the Practioner. However if the duck says something
listen to the word and write it down.  You can trust the vocalization of the
duck to be an accurate statement of the competence of the practitioner.  If
however, the duck is rendered unconscious or the final result = DD (see
above formula explanation,)  then forget the treatment and pluck the
feathers and prepare the fowl according to your favorite recipe.  Two
cautions should be observed however :

1. With some practioners the result may leave no other choice but to take
the bird to a local Chinese Restaurant.  Pressed duck will be about all you
can make with it,  and the Chinese do this extremely well.

2. Remember to eat the duck only indoors after 8 PM after a day of protein
restriction.  Failure to observe this puts the MMMMMMA user at risk for
being mistaken for your city's war memorial and only ducks are appropriate.
Pigeons are not acceptable.

Seriously though, there is a lot of top rate PD care in the Chicago area.
Investigate as you are doing by posting your note and get the best care for
your mom that you can.

Good Luck

Dr. Charles T. Meyer, M.D., B.S., ABPN, AAA, FDIC, FICA, IRS,

>Hi Spiro,
>
>I contacted the AD & PD Diagnostic & Treatment Center a few months ago.
>I asked them to send me info, but have not received any as yet. I asked a
>lot of questions, but got few answers. They inject genetically engineered
>human growth hormone which they say is lacking in PD patients. The person
>I spoke with had a lack of statitics on PD patients and their results.
>Apparantly, the initial workup and testing costs about $1,000 and weekly
>ijections of HGH cost about $150. They clain it completely reverses PD
>symptoms after 2-3 weeks, but you need to continue with long term injec
>tions of HGH. I have never read anything about a HGH PD connection or that
>HGH stimulated "nerve cell regeneration". Anyone else have any information
>on this clinic or its treatment for PD? If it truly works, It would be well
>worth the money. Do you know of any PD patients who have been treated there?

 Charles T. Meyer
 Madison, WI