>My mother, LaVerne (dx w/ PD five years ago, now otherwise healthy age 76,
>living alone) asked me to post two questions for her. Any related info is
>welcome and appreciated. Here goes:
>(1) Did anyone else see a documentary news report last week about a
>mechanical apparatus (looks like a pacemaker), which , when "turned on"
>instantly stops tremors? Increasingly severe tremors are LaVerne's primary PD
>problem, but she tuned in too late to get the details. Does this sound
>familiar? Anyone know pros & cons?

Dear Karin,

I'm sorry, but I started this message before and it is send (I'm afraid it
did) before I could give any answer. My visitors are gone now, so I start
the message all over again.

The Stimulator is a technique with which tremor can be reduced!
I have a video from an operation done in -I think- february this year in
Amsterdam.

Tomorrow I will ask for a file with the information, so I don't have to type
it all.

But here are some short notes :

"For thalamic stimulation, an isulated wire lead is implanted in the
thalamus. The lead transmits electrical impulses to the thalamus and these
signals block the tremor."

In Europe this operation is quite common, but I assume it is the same in
America.

If you want more information you can wait for more e-mail or contact MEDTRONIC.

Medtronic is one of the sponsors of our walk, that's why I have all this
information and contacts, but maybe you have all the information allready.

Is there anybody who wants to sponsor me? I',m walking 5 kilometers. Yes? GREAT!

Kees Paap