Betti S. Adams,

Your message really hit me. Within seconds I began to picture my future with
my caring wife and two grown children coping with me as this PD progresses.
Since being diagnosed with PD, my emotions have become much more intense and
responsive-even to fiction on TV.!  If Parkinsonians survive other illnesses,
accidents, Contracts on Medicare, etc.; do most PDers arrive at your father's
stage. My wife's aunt did.  A crystal ball would be nice, but facts would do.
{Anyone out there have data? Or would it be best to concentrate on now and
tomorrow rather than looking forward to the worst?}

I wish there was something I could say that would help.  One thing I think I
better change is MY "distancing behavior"(not a "Hugger" and avoiding
physical contact-except with my wife) that is part of my persona-probably
acquired from my mom who was left with 6 kids in Chicago when my father died
in his forties from a heart attack- and had to struggle  desperately just
after the Great Depression. How does  one change such behavior which is so
much a part of me - and now my children?  I sense that you are the opposite.
Did I hear you say, "If you feel that way, just DO IT!"

Sorry folks, It's been 9 months and I'm still venting.

Fred