>In light of the foregoing, I would like to know if anyone on the list has any
>advice or referral for my father's condition.  His only medication is Sinemet
>50\200 twice a day. He has developed the hallucinations only in the last
>three weeks, with no change in medication.  Is there a relationship between
>the Sinemet and the hallucinations?  Is there anything else which can be
>taken to lessen the toll which the dimentia is taking on him?  Nightime
>episodes are the worst. Our next doctor's appointment is a week away.  We are
>desparate.
>
>We appreciate your compassion in this difficult circumstance and welcome any
>suggestions you may offer.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Larry Zemanek

Dear Larry
According to the books that I have read on PD and also the leaflet included with
my Sinemet, it can indeed cause hallucinations.
Apparantly hallucinations and dimentia are typical side effects after about
5 years when the effectiveness of the Sinemet decreased and a higher dose
is needed.

Greetings

Nicolaas Marais