Karin,
Thanks for sharing your feelings via your poetry.  Like you  said, we're all
experiencing this disease, whether as patients or family & friends, both on a
day to day practical level, and on a more emotional, even spiritual, level.
 David's recent letter and the flurry of responses which ensued attest to
that fact.  I once said to my friend who went with me to a local YOPD
meeting, and as I recall I've also voiced this thought here previously too,
that when I've thought of the depression which often accompanies pd, the
thing I found most depressing about pd (at this stage anyway) was the
possibility having my life reduced to only talking about drug dosages and
constipation, neither of which are particularly appealing!  This forum is
great for the opportunity it gives all of us to share not only our physical
concerns and factual info of benefit to everyone, but also  our feelings
regarding living with pd or with someone who's got it.  I guess in a way my
poetry gives me an outlet for some of my feelings too and I also enjoy
creating it.

 I know as much as my family and friends care about me and want to know the
facts and what I'm going thru, I've also received a couple hints that they
also can od on my enthusiasm on the subject and even feel some concern that
it may be dominating my life, possibly to the expense of simply 'living'
while I am still physically able especially.  They of course don't see me
daily to see that I am also involved in many other unrelated things, but it
is a valid concern to be aware of and one which I acknowledge. I don't know
how some of the caregivers here feel on this subject, but obviously just by
the fact that you participate here shows the fact that you are concerned with
our perspective as patients, as well as sharing your own perspectives with
each other and with us, for which we pee dee's are grateful.    Wendy