Dear Camilla:

It's amazing how just knowing about this group has lifted a burden,
especially when I can get answers from people who really care about
the problems.

to A. Bonander & C. Meyer.  IF not, I'll summarize and in doing so
answer some of your questions.  My father is not terribly mobile,
he cannot usually get up or down alone.  I doubt that there could be
physical abuse. He is also practically blind.

I have found a counselor through my husband's employer who hopefully
will be able to help me help them.  My mother doesn't seem to have
the energy/desire to go for counseling alone and doesn't think taking
my father would be beneficial at this point.  She is open to me going
and trying to help them, however.

I, too, read your poetry and wept a bit. Not just for my father, my
mother or my family, but for all the vibrant, funny, intelligent
people on this listwwho I'll never meet in person, but are doing so
much for each other just by listening and responding.

Betti Adams for Max and Shirley Becker

Betti S. Adams [log in to unmask]