        This probably won't help Jeff, but it might help some of you others out
there.
        If you are a Veteran, you are entitled to care at a VA medical facility
whether service-connected or not.  It is no cost to you if you make less than
$16,000 and have no  health insurance (my case).  If you have insurance, they
use it but its like having no deductible (as I understand).  The Meds cost $2.00
per PX (co-payment) if you have the card with the blue square (non-service
connected).  If you qualify for a service-connected card (Purple triangle) the
meds are free (I think (haven't got a bill since I got my service-connected card
6 months ago)).  Also, most VA hospitals have excellent (if understaffed)
neurological departments (think of head wounds).  The Brooklyn VA Hospital
(where I go) is even thinking about setting up a motion-disorders clinic.  The
way to get in is to take your DD214 or discharge papers to the emergency room at
the local VA and tell them you have PD, this, that and the other thingy.  Then
sit back and wait (and wait, and wait, and wait...).

        I'm a Viet-Nam era Vet who was diagnosed with PD in '93 at age 44.
Essentially, I was pulled off of active duty for training (I was in the active
reserves at the time), medivaced to the Portsmouth Naval Hospital for a
Neurologic examination, was told that I had a Neurological Problem, was told to
see my Neurologist (of course, everybody has a Neurologist!), released from
training duty, and sent home.
        Being self-employed (and self-insured), I finally decided to go to the
local VA hospital.  Went to the Emergency Room and was provisionally diagnosed
with PD.  Took about 3-4 months to get into the system (you know--
bureaucracies). Since then, they have taken care of all my medical needs. So far
I've had 15+ X-Rays, 3 MRI's, 2 CATScans, an ultrasound and am being (or have
been) tracked by Managed Care, Neurology, Psychology, Orthopedics
(service-connected), PT, Vascular (service-connected), Dermitology(yes, I have
psoriasis also) Speech Pathology, Tinnitus (service-connected) and Nutrution.
The only costs to me are transportation and, until I got the service connected
card, $2.00 per bottle/tube for the meds.
        If you qualify, I think it's worth checking out (if only for a 2nd
oppinion).
                Gabriel Zwierski