Dear Barb:

Thank you for the welcome message. Much appreciated.
My name is Fred Zwartjes. I'm 56 and live in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada.
At age 49 I was diagnosed as having Parkinson Disease (I would like to drop
disease and replace it with symptoms). I retired from my job in 1993 as a
Manager with Alberta Government Telephones after 30 years of serves. I have
been busy ever since with consulting, volunteer work and managing Our Adult
Living Community Complex. Last but not least, support our local Parkinson's
Society. I find that by keeping busy, my symptoms are somewhat less in
duration and increase my "ON TIME".

At this point in time I'm taking Sinemet 100/25 and Sinemet CR 200/50,
Artane, Deprenyl and vitamin "A" (400 IU). I know and feel that the symptoms
appear more frequent as time goes on, but is expected. The last 6 years have
been good and hope that the next 6 years will be the same. Staying
optimistic is half the cure.

I would like to take this oppertunity to say hellow to all you Parkinson's
and enjoy reading your comments. Keep up the good work and stay active.

Fred Zwartjes