John, to my knowledge there are three prominent medications for tremor: (1)
alcohol, (2) propranolol (Inderal), and (3) primidone (Mysoline). The first
two are mentioned in Duvoisin's book. Both anecdotes and professional
opinion vary, but common thought is that these three work on tremor caused
by other than PD, such as 'Essential Tremor', but not on the tremor of PD.

I got interested when I found that a glass of beer or wine promptly
suppressed my tremor, leading me to suspect that I had something other than
(or besides) PD. I got my neurologist to prescribe Inderal, which is
normally used to treat tachycardia. My resting pulse was already about 55,
and the Inderal suppressed the tremor just fine but reduced pulse rate to
an alarming low 40s, so we switched about a year ago to primidone (Mysoline)
normally used to prevent siezures of epilepsy. It is a sedative related to
phenobarbital so I took it at bedtime (50mg). Worked just fine, and I
cut the dose  to half (25mg) about a year ago. Recently the duration of
effect began to decline, so I now take an additional 25mg in the morning.
It doesn't seem to affect alertness. It does seem to work, because tremor is
now most prominent just before taking it on arising, then reappears gradually
during the day to peak at bedtime. I enjoy a drink more often than I used
to, but the effect on tremor only lasts a couple of hours.
Hope this is of use to you.

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road
Sherman Oaks CA 91403