Another use for GM-1 ganglioside or LIGA20 and LIGA40?

Essential tremor effects 5 times the population found with Parkinson's
which might work to encourage more research in the varied uses for these
compounds. Since it takes $200 million for a drug company to bring a
compound through the trials onto the pharmacy shelves, an increased market
is a plus.

<1>
Authors
  Ishizaki F.  Harada T.  Kito S.  Harada A.  Saeki M.  Nakamura S.
Institution
  Third Department of Internal Medicine, Hiroshima University School of
  Medicine, Japan.
Title
  The effect of bovine brain gangliosides on essential tremor.
Source
  Hiroshima Journal of Medical Sciences.  40(2):83-5, 1991 Jun.
Abstract
  We reported the case of a 74-year-old woman suffering from essential
  tremor for 20 years which was treated effectively with purified bovine
  brain gangliosides containing GM1, GD1a, GD1b and GT1b gangliosides. The
  trials of the treatment were conducted twice, 40 mg and 20 mg gangliosides
  per day respectively administered intramuscularly. Essential tremor
  dramatically improved with gangliosides on the second day of treatment,
  suggesting that the effect of gangliosides was not induced by neuronal
  sprouting or regeneration. It is speculated that a certain type of
  essential tremor is a reversible disease of membrane disorder.

John Cottingham                     "KNOWLEDGE is of two kinds: we know
[log in to unmask]                      a subject, or we know where we can
OR                                   find information upon it."
[log in to unmask]            Dr. Samuel Johnson