I received the following acknowledgement from the New Mexico
Internet service provider regarding "Jack":

On Thu, 17 Aug 1995, Robert A. Fink, M. D. wrote:

> I am one of many who are protesting the actions of one of
your users, > "Jack", who posted an inappropriate message to
several Internet Lists,
> including the Parkinson's Disease Network.  I believe that
this posting > is grounds for suspension of "Jack's" Internet
privileges on your
> service.  Please advise me of your action in this regard.

The user's account was suspended minutes after the first
complaint arrrived (I think that we received ~10 almost
simultaneously).

I posted an article to news.admin.net-abuse.misc yesterday
describing the action taken.

Thanks for your mail,

Ron

--
Hagbard@LambdaMOO   % I mean, it's the 90's. You can't just
go Ron@JaysHouseMOO    % around trusting every layer you

Hopefully, this will be the end of this problem.

Best,

Bob
--

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.   Phone: 510-849-2555
Neurological Surgery              FAX:  510-849-2557

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
CompuServe:  72303,3442
America Online:  BobFink          "Ex Tristitia Virtus"