Lisa,

I don't know of any support group for caregivers your age either, but there
are many children of PD patients here on the list.  I'm much older than you,
but I can try to pull from my memory archives to remember how I felt when I
was your age.  My Dad was diagnosed with PD when I was in 6th or 7th grade.
 I am now 37 years old.

I suppose I may have been through some of what you are now experiencing.

Lately there have been some discussions about how much PD-ers should tell
their children.  Perhaps you could share your feelings about how much your
dad discusses PD with you.

My dad was never one to share his feelings easily, however, since I grew up
with his PD (and we were told about it when he was diagnosed)  I have always
had an easier time accepting the subsequent stages than my older siblings.
  I am the youngest of 6 kids - and I have been the one that stayed the
closest to home, and therefore to the PD situation.   Who is to know where
life takes us - but I do believe I would have felt more freedom to move away
if it weren't for Dad's PD.   Maybe I am more of a homebody by nature, but I
do remember choosing University of Illinois over Georgetown so that I could
get home more quickly in an emergency.

Hope to hear from you here - or please feel free to write directly!

Sara Byron