In article  GABRIEL ZWIERSKI <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>        If you are a Veteran, you are entitled to care at a VA medical facility
>whether service-connected or not.  It is no cost to you if you make less than
>$16,000 and have no  health insurance (my case).

Non service connect vets like myself are eligible only for general surgery
and life-threating emergency care.

> Also, most VA hospitals have excellent (if understaffed)
>neurological departments (think of head wounds).

The neurology and dermatology clinics are only available to service
connected.

Your advantage was the finding of your neurological problem while you were
still in the reserves. That was a blessing most of us haven't had.

John Cottingham                     "KNOWLEDGE is of two kinds: we know
[log in to unmask]                      a subject, or we know where we can
OR                                   find information upon it."
[log in to unmask]            Dr. Samuel Johnson