>I saw a message regarding caregiver access to opposite sex bathrooms.  I
>couldn't find it in the archives, but it interested me as we will soon be
>bringing my father home from Wisconsin where they spend the summer.

Sara,

I live in Wisconsin (Eau Claire) and travelled often with my father
who had prostate problems and balance problems.  My mom often needed to
go with him.  Some of the KWIK-TRIP gas/convenience stores have small
(one stall) bathrooms for men and women.  I have seen couples coming out
of both bathrooms many times.  When it is an older person, almost no one
says anything except for once or twice some very small children asking
questions about why they could go in together.

In emergencies (dad gave us very little notice of when he needed to
stop), we used health clinics and hospitals.  They usually have a
handicapped bathroom near the emergency entrance or will have someone
there that can tell you where one is located.

Have a safe trip back....check with the Dept. of Transportation or AAA
if you have a membership, on where construction is on the Interstate so
you can make alternate plans for those areas.  We've had some nasty
backups in a number of spots, mostly on the Interstate system.

  Catherine