Hi,

  My name is Jenny and I am a new member of this listserv.  My father was
diagnosed with PD about 18 months ago.  So far, with the help of
medication, he is basically symptom-free.  He is 54 years old and is
working as a loaned executive to United Way for a year as part of his
early retirement package.  My parents just got back from a cruise to
Norway and to St. Petersburg, Russia.

  I have joined this list in order to find out more about this disease
before my dad starts to experience more symptoms.  Hopefully a cure will
be found before that happens.  I'm also interested in learning about how
other children have dealt with this disease.

  I am 29 years old and serve as the Coordinator of the Medical Scholars
Program at the University of Illinois.  This program allows students to
pursue an MD and a PhD in another field at the same time.  We are turning
out a number of excellent medical researchers.

  Thanks for allowing me to join this group.

Jenny Breitenfeldt, Ed.D.