 Dear Members,

        I am becoming a member of this group for one reason: My father has PD and is 80
 years old with some rather severe complications.  He is presently hospitalized
 and is passing blood in his feces along with an infection in his esophagus.
 The MD(s) in charge did not inform my mother that taking sinemet and milk/milk
 proteins/animal proteins would cause a reduction in the amount of L-dopa
 absorbed (I assume from a previous message posted that this is a true fact  --
 if anyone has an idea where the original journal paper this information came
 from is please contact me).  There are probably a number of things they didn't
 explain and I feel that becoming part of this user group would be very useful
 (by the way, you can get a binhex converter by FTP'ing it from oak.oakland.edu
 or going to the URL address http:/www.acs.oakland.edu/oak/ -- hope this helps
 the person inquiring about such a feature).   My e-mail address is
 [log in to unmask] and my World Wide Web homepage: http:/www.!
 eng.auburn.edu/:80/users/mikeb/

                        Thanks much,

                        Professor Michael E. Baginski