>Hi, I'm new and a caregiver at the moment for my mother. My dad must break
>her Sinement CR in half for sensitivity reasons. I asked our pharmacist about
>getting even dosage, even by utilizing a pill breaker, and was assured all
>should be well.
>
>She did add in my query as to why they were not given in lower doses....that
>Dupont would not charge you half-price!
>
>Oh so true...especially for some of my own antidepressants, etc. BTW, men
>with depression having erection troubles might want to check into Serzone
>(nefazadone). Due to pressure from the male population, this drug seems to
>alleviate the impotentcy problems associated with the designers like Prozac,
>Zoloft and Paxil. Of course, you need to check with your doc for
>contraindications. Have some initial info that it will not interfere, but
>best to check naturally. As a woman, I swear by it now. It has given me back
>my marriage!

Lauren

On the several issues you brought up. In reply to my question about why
smaller doses of Sinemet are not made and I had gotten some E-mail from a
company rep. This also speaks to the  issue of dividing theSinemet both CR
and standard which is interesting and has to do with the dose of carbidopa
taken when one takes less than a full tablet of Sinemet 25-100.  I have
requested  further info and will pass it along.

Regarding the antidepressant issue the antidepressants/ anti-obsessive drugs
which block the reuptake(increase the available amount) of seratonin are
Anafranil(clomipramine), Paxil (paroxetine), Prozac(fluoxetine), Zoloft
(sertraline), Efferxor( venlefaxine). and Luvox(fluvoxamine).
There ar also others available outside the US.  These are all excellent
medications- each with their own variation of side effects but one thing
they all have in common is the potential to cause sexual side effects
especially delayed or absent orgasm in men and women.  In my experience
prescribing the drugs the incidence is probably higher than that reported in
the PDR- probably in the   25 to 35% range.  There are alternative drugs for
some conditions these drugs treat but not all of them.  Also for some people
they can actually improve sexual function!

Charlie
 Charles T. Meyer
 Madison, WI