We have a need for the latest information on drug interactions, adverse
reactions and contraindications because of the range of prescriptions we consume
in vast quantities.  I volunteer to prepare an individualized list of these
items for each of you who supply me with the following:
Age
Weight
Sex
Indications or diagnoses  -- PD; hypertension; asthma; spastic colon; and such
Current Prescriptions

The computer will also calculate your creatinine clearance if you supply  your
serum creatinine value.  This is a good index for identifying potential renal
impairment problems.

A  brief medical history would also be welcome.

My name is Patrick J. Martin.  I am 69 years old and have had parkinsonism for 9
years.  It first presented as a frozen shoulder following a high fever flu bout
at age 60.  At 63 I began medication with amantadine and selegiline.  Presently
I am on carbidopa/levodopa; amantadine and selegiline.
I am semi-retired and work as a scientific adviser to a law firm that defends
property and casualty insurers in plant explosions, fires and pollution cleanup
incidents.  I work at home and travel as necessary.
My education is in chemistry -- M.S. Analytical Chemistry, 1951.
My environmental exposures include:
Casting lead soldiers in a closed basement for hours on end while in grade
school.
Coating pennies with mercury from broken thermometers and sucking on them for
the salty taste.
Operating a school lab storeroom to dispense items such as benzene, halogenated
hydrocarbons, concentrated acids and the like.
Inhaling nitroglycerin fumes while working as a "hole-blaster" during WW2.
Inhaling daily doses of DDT that was sprayed over our island to keep the
mosquitos down.
Operating quality control laboratories for a cannon and rocket propellant plant.
This exposed me to nitrated amines, nitrated aromatics, mercury, halogenated
hydrocarbons and benzene, of course.
I guess I haven't been too kind to my head but I can't sort out which exposures
did what to my dopamine sources of supply.

I find the digests very informative and hope that I can contribute something to
the knowledge base of our group.

Knowledge is Freedom

Patrick J. Martin ([log in to unmask])