I have been an Optician for 14 years.  My dad was Diagnosed
with Parkinson's about a year ago.  After seeing all the info
on Blue Glasses here, I decided to make up a pair for my Dad.
So here's the technical info your optician must use exactly
or the tint won't be the correct shade or intensity.

TINT -- BPI BLUE  (2 bottles to 1 quart of water.
                  Must be freshly mixed!!!  Tint even
                  2 days old will not give the appropriate
                  results!!)
LENSES-- CR39 PLASTIC (These are standard plastic lenses.
                       You cannot use those light weight
                       lenses -Hi Index or Polycarbonate
                       for this tint!  They will not tint
                       properly.)
TIMING--2 HOURS  (It will take right at 2 hours in the tint
                  solution for these to be dark enough to be
                  effective.) ***They will be DARK***
INTENSITY--50 % LIGHT TRANSMISSION (These would be classified
                        as sunglasses in the optical industry.
                        These degree of tint **#3 Blue** is
                        dark and may be too dark for individuals
                        with cataracts.  Hopefully your optician
                        will be willing to work with you in
                        acheiving the intensity you need.)

The color that these will turn out to be will be quite shocking
to look at to the average person.  But once you put them on they
are so soothing that you will wonder how you ever got by without
them.  If you want to see about what the color should be before
you commit to this here's how:

1.  Go to your PAINTBRUSH program in Windows (this assumes you

    have Windows).
2.  Now down along the bottom you will see the color pallete default
    for PAINTBRUSH.
3.  The color of blue on the top row is the shade you are looking for.
4.  If you have a color printer and it is configured correctly you can
    print off an example to take with you to the optical shop.
    a.  click on the color
    b.  click on the tool bar, right side, the filled square.  Now
        place your cursor in the center of your screen click and hold
        your left mouse button and drag it across and down about 2
inches,
        now release the left button.  You should instantly have a square
        2 x 2 filled with the appropriate blue color.
    c.  Select print from the FILE menu (and if your printer is
configured
        to print SCREEN MATCHED COLORS) you should have a good example
of
        the color you need.

If none of this works you can send me a self addressed envelope, with
*2*
first class stamps on it and I will send you a tint chip to take to
your
optician.
                TINT CHIP
                P.O. BOX 45994
                TAFB, OK 73145

You must not vary from this specific color or the glasses will not
work.

Good luck!!

Virginia
ABO#12343