HI...Hy husband also has some of the nightime disturbances you describe
(scared the Hell out of me more than once..he also has hit the nightstand..I
am glad he usually strikes out to his left side, as I sleep on the
right!!)..he was taking 2 Eldepryl per day also..when he (with the Neuro's)
agreement cut it to one per day for a week, & then stopped it altogether, the
trouble at night was not compleately eliminated, but reduced quite a bit. We
both slept better (although he generally does not remember alot of his
nightmare stuff).  He has recently gone back to taking only one Eldepryl (in
the AM only) as he feels it just may help to slow the progression of PD (no
one really knows for sure).  At the time we decided to eliminate the E., he
was also complaining of a 'heaviness' or 'funny feeling' in his leg, which
also stopped when we stopped the E.  I had some feedback  on AOL from a
connection at Loma Linda Med Center which said thet the Eldepryl can indeed
be a cause of the above.  Perhaps you may want to try the gradual reduction
(down to one a day for a week, then stop)..then wait a time to see if it
makes any difference.  He can always return to it if 1)there is no change or
2)As with my Husband, he chooses to continue the one-a-day and accept side
effects just in case it may help in the long term.  Good Luck, and keep
ducking!!! :-) Roberta