You stated:
    "Prodigy, my avenue now charges me @2.90 per hour for everything
     over 5 hours."

We are former Prodigites and gave them up soon after we discovered the
WEB.

We use NETCOM through a local dialup.  You might check to see if they
service your local area.  They charge $19.95 /month for 40 hours of
PRIME TIME (Mon-Fri 9:00am to 12:00am) after 12:00 am to 9:00 am it's
free, and all day Saturday and Sunday.  They charge $2.00 per hour over
the 40 PRIME TIME, but we have never used over 30.  Our total online
time last month was 103 hours, we use the free time alot.

We have yet to find a better deal with so little restraints and as
great a service provider.  Plus full WWW Access.

Good Luck

Virginia