Hello all,

I am new to the list, and don't know an awful lot about
Parkinson's. My interest arose because my father-in-law has the
disease.

He is 69 years old, and has been diagnosed for about 4 years.
He has seemed in the last year to have an increasing rate of
"bad days," and his medications have been switched a number of
times during that period. He has during the same period been
on anti-depressants and blood pressure medications. I wonder
about all the interactions. Is there a good reference on drug
interactions?

His immobility creates a hardship for his wife (age 70). This
has caused the family a lot of concern about his long-term
care. We're wondering about alternatives, from home help to
assisted living to nursing home situations. What have been
others' experiences? What resources are available for
investigating alternatives?

I heard a snippet on an NPR program re PD and WWII Pacific
Theatre veterans. My father-in-law was in the Phillipines. Does
anyone have a reference to more detail on this subject?

Looking forward to the discussions.

            ...Sam
Sam Radcliffe                          George Banzhaf & Company
Voice: (414) 276-2062                  225 E. Michigan Street
Fax:   (414) 276-5206                  Milwaukee, WI 53202